The austerity to practice is remembering Hanumān.
The benefits (karmaphala) of this activity are listed in the ślokam as follows.
- बुद्धि: – buddhih – That which has been learned – Learning
- र्बलम् – balam – strength
- यश: – yaśah – fame
- धैर्यम् – dhairyam – Intelligence from dhī – the part that can think, commonly translated as courage
- निर्भयत्वम् – nirbhayatvam – Absence of fear
- अरोगता – arōgatā – Absence of disease
- अजाड्यम् – ajāDyam – Absence of lethargy, darkness
- वाक्पटुत्वम् – vākpaTutvam – Control over speech, Good speech
- च – and
- हनुमत्स्मरणात्- from remembering Hanumān
- लभेत् – is got.
To attain the brahman the austerity is practiced while giving up the karmaphala. That is karmaphala tyāga.